September 8, 2017

Well, here we are again, writing blogs and talking about how we are and what we are going to accomplish this year. I feel so nostalgic as I wrote this, but in a very good way! I am so happy and grateful to be back at the Academy to finish out my Senior year! So far what I have been doing since I got here was working on my Senior Mastery exhibition and my Promo cards for my Senior Mastery. I have been working on 80’s Promo cards that look like little collectible cards from various different movies. It has a very old. retro. vintage look to them and I absolutely them. Since I got back that is all I have been doing, regardless of the fact I have other things to do! I have been doing some research for my annotated bib. but aside from that it is all about the designs I have. It feels very strange to be back in this room as a Senior. I honestly never expected to come to the Academy and love it so much, but it happened, and I never want to leave! I will be very sad to leave when I graduate, but I will never forget the memories that I have made here. Our visit to the media center was very much needed because I was not sure how I was going to approach my annotated bib at all. I really didn’t know what an annotated bib was, to be frank. I sat down with Ms. D and Mr. Easter, I think that is how you pronounce his name?, and I figured out instead of connecting my pieces to modern art, I go even further back in time and figure out how everything influenced the 80’s with their culture and art and work from there. I am so excited to continue researching this and finding out how everything connected to make the 80’s style and 80’s style. I just have to say that I am a total nerd when it comes to the movies I have watched throughout the years, but nothing makes me happier than going back and finding an old 80’s movie and watching it over and over again. I love the nostalgia from it, even though it was not my time. I believe I was born in the wrong generation.

One thought on “September 8, 2017